New to Phlebotomy? Experienced, already? Please read on!
Are you an experienced Phlebotomist looking to transition your career to a new organization? Or, are you someone who is looking to move to a new and rewarding (and growing!) field? The role of Phlebotomy Technician is a growing at a rapid rate – it’s anticipated that it is expected to grow by 25% by 2024. Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics invites you to apply for this exciting opportunity – we have a ‘No Experience Necessary – 90-Day Paid Training Program’ – so we are here to help you jump-start your career in this new area of knowledge!
The program requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, a focus on customer service and providing a great patient experience, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Our Phlebotomists (currently a team of 40), work various shifts – mornings, days, evenings or nights, and rotating weekends and holiday coverage is required. Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics offers generous shift differentials where appropriate.
After the interview process, if you are successful in obtaining an offer to join this awesome team, you can expect the following:
- To work full-time hours for about 3 months to complete all of the required training in both inpatient and outpatient phlebotomy.
- When you have completed one year in your role, you can sit the exam to become a Certified Phlebotomist (through ASCP – The American Society for Clinical Pathology).
An integral part of our hospital operations – the role of the Phlebotomist is a key player in the facilitation of collecting and passing along a vital piece of information to our Laboratory and Pathologists to help Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics achieve its mission of providing each person the best care, in the right place, at the right time, every time.
As the largest private employer in the state of New Hampshire, we provide our employees with an impressive array of benefits including:
- Work-life Balance Culture
- Tuition Assistance: $3,000 per year
- A Valuable Earned Time Off Plan
- Health, Life, Dental, and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- An Outstanding Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Continuing Education Opportunities