D-H Medical Center
This posting is specifically for positions located at our Lebanon, NH campus
We are seeking candidates looking for permanent employment for our positions.
Are you an experienced Phlebotomist looking to elevate your career with new training options and a strong career ladder? Do you want the benefits, stability, and excitement of working in an academic setting? As the largest private employer in the state of New Hampshire, Dartmouth Health has the ability to help you develop as an individual, but also as part of an amazing team of dedicated healthcare specialists.
Our Career Ladder affords you the opportunity to continue to grow in the department while also seeing your hourly rate increase as you meet the competencies. Additionally, we are offering the following incentives:
- A $2,000* sign-on/retention bonus for day shifts.
- A $3,000* sign-on/retention bonus for evening shifts.
- A $4,000* sign-on/retention bonus for Nights/early morning shifts
We also offer shift differential rate increases for evenings (10%), nights and early mornings (20%), and weekends (15%). The rate is compounded at the weekend.
Our team of 40+ phlebotomists is an integral part of our laboratory and overall hospital operations – collecting and passing along vital pieces of information to our Laboratory Scientists and Pathologists to help DHMC and Clinics achieve its mission of providing each person the best care, in the right place, at the right time, every time.
- Obtains blood specimens from outpatients. Maintains knowledge of specific specimen requirements, and follows the correct order of draw based on tube type and special handling of tests. Utilizes proper resources for obtaining specimen requirement information.
- Collects and enters off-site blood work into system.
- Completes and processes a variety of forms. Obtains pre-authorizations and patient signatures.
- Prepares specimens for in-lab testing or off-site shipment. Processes specimens that require special handling according to established procedures or protocols.
- Ensures blood drawing stations are clean and well stocked.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduate or the equivalent required.
- 1 year of medical/technical experience desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven work experience with the public.
- Strong computer ability desired.
- Applicant must be honest, dependable, able to multi-task, and be detail oriented.
– Certified Phlebotomist, ASCP preferred.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- Job ID: 18192;