D-H Medical Center
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics is home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to DHMC and Clinics physician practices, Dartmouth Health member hospital as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow
This is in our Mail out department and requires a person to be strong on the computer and self directed with a variety of tasks. This postion receives, prepares and ships samples from inpatient units, outpatient clinics, and from outside institutions. The is interaction with reference labs and callers with what to draw for specimen types.
This is a Per Diem, Day shift position.
- Performs functions related to demographic data, test requisitioning, labels and reports. Processes specimens.
- Obtains blood specimens from patients. Obtains specimen requirement information.
- Operates the pneumatic tube system (PTS) to ensure timely delivery of laboratory specimens.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduate required.
- Coursework toward a college degree preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment required.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: .01 hrs/per week (per diem/temp);
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 19682;