D-H Medical Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to D-H physician practices, D-H hospital affiliates as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II independently performs a variety of diagnostic tests in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs venipunctures and capillary draws on Inpatients, Emergency Room patients, and Outpatients as needed. Our Lab is committed to growing and developing our employees, and we have a robust career ladder in place to foster this development.
For our full-time positions (30 hours or more), we are offering sign-on/retention bonuses as follows: $3000 for day shift, $6000 for evening shift and $8000 for night shift. These are for external hires only, and certain conditions apply. We can also offer a relocation bonus to qualifying candidates.
Relocating? For those who qualify, DHMC has Workforce Housing available, including 3 month of free rent. See here for more information and to see if you would qualify: Workforce Housing Options
More information about benefits can be found here: DHMC and Clinics Employee Benefits
More information about our state of the art Laboratory can be found here: Lab Careers at DHMC & Clinics
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
- Identifies problems, performs basic troubleshooting and seeks appropriate assistance for advanced troubleshooting. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Is able to communicate next steps and learn from the process.
- Possesses the appropriate knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinical laboratory.
- Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument function checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and notifies appropriate technical or leadership staff.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exist and reports issues to leadership or takes appropriate actions to address.
- Is able to troubleshoot problems independently or with assistance and communicate steps taken.
- Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in bench procedures, basic theory, and skills.
- Actively participates in the D-HH member’s laboratory continuing education program.
- Assist in outpatient/in-patient phlebotomies, specimen processing, non-patient registration, and requisition checks, as needed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to determine phlebotomy technique appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelors of Science Degree or the equivalent in education and & Clinical Laboratory experience.
- Relevant technical experience preferred, but will hire new graduates.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manager changing volumes. Knows when to ask for support. Basic knowledge of computer software systems preferred.
– ASCP preferred.
– Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire for those CLS employees located at Community Group Practice laboratory locations.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- Job ID: 10734;