D-H Medical Center
Sign-On/Retention incentives: up to $8000*
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics is home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to DHMC & Clinics physician practices, Dartmouth Health system member hospitals as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
For this position, we are seeking candidates with the following:
- Blood Bank knowledge, clinical laboratory and/or research experience preferred
- Flexibility – position requires working after hours for cryopreservation and occasional late infusions. Weekend and holiday on call are required on a rotation basis
The successful candidate in this position independently performs a variety of diagnostic laboratory tests in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. They use their knowledge and skill set to assist with oversight of laboratory functions, including quality control, maintenance, training and other required tasks.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefitted, day-shift position. Rate of pay is based on candidate’s experience and equity in the department.
More information about benefits at Dartmouth-Hitchcock can be found here: DHMC and Clinics Employee Benefits
We are also offering a $8000 sign-on/retention bonus for this position. *The bonus is available for external hires only and certain conditions apply.
Relocating? For those who qualify, DHMC has Workforce Housing available, including 3 months of free rent. Click here for more information and to see if you would qualify: Workforce Housing Options
- Participates in the processing of hematopoietic stem cells for Autologous and Allogeneic transplants.
- Assists with new methodologies, reagents, and instrumentation. Performs validations. Writes new procedures. Suggests product changes to improve performance and/or cost. Actively participates in manual review, revision, and implementation of SOP’s for the section.
- Assists with performing quality control of instruments.
- Assists with administrative duties such as data entry, filing and inventory control of reagents, supplies, etc.
- Recommends changes to management of product or supplies that improve sectional process based performance or cost/budget ratio.
- Identifies problems and makes suggestions to resolve issues.
- Participates in troubleshooting, equipment maintenance and training needs..
- Completes annual safety training checklist.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- AS degree and minimum of 5 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors of Science Degree and minimum of 3 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
- 3-5 years of experience required
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes. Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
– ASCP preferred
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 – 1.00 – 40 hrs/week;
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 21928;