D-H Medical Center
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics is home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to DHMC physician practices, Dartmouth Health affiliates as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions. D-H has a robust Clinical Ladder for our MLT’s (Clinical Laboratory Scientists).
The Medical Technologist in this role independently performs a variety of diagnostic tests in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs venipunctures and capillary draws on Inpatients, Emergency Room patients, and Outpatients as needed.
We have openings in various sections within our Lab. Please indicate your interest on in your cover letter, if there is one area that you would prefer to learn more about. Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers a 10% shift differential for evening-shift positions, and a 20% shift differential for night-shift positions.
In addition, we are offering an $8000 sign-on/retention bonus for our full-time positions. This bonus is available for external hires only and certain conditions apply.
Relocating? For those who qualify, DHMC has Workforce Housing available, including 3 month of free rent. See here for more information and to see if you would qualify: Workforce Housing Options
More information about benefits can be found here: DHMC & Clinics Employee Benefits Brochure
- Demonstrates the basic knowledge, skills and ability to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
- Can identify problems and seeks appropriate assistance for troubleshooting. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Is able to communicate next steps and learn from the process.
- Possesses the appropriate knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties.
- Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument function checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and notifies appropriate technical or leadership staff. Holds results until QC or instrument problems are resolved.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exists and reports issues to leadership and takes appropriate actions to address.
- Is able to troubleshoot problems with assistance.
- Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS and MLT/CLT students in bench procedures.
- Actively participates in the D-HH member laboratory’s continuing education program.
- Assist in outpatient/in-patient phlebotomies, specimen processing, non-patient registration, and requisition checks, as needed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to determine phlebotomy technique appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Associates of Science Degree or the equivalent in education & Clinical Laboratory experience.
- Relevant technical experience preferred, but will hire new grads.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manager changing volumes. Knows when to ask for support. Basic knowledge of computer software systems preferred.
– ASCP preferred.
– Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire for those CLS employees located at Community Group Practice laboratory locations.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- Job ID: 10077;