D-H Medical Center
Dartmouth Health is a system of community hospitals, clinics and healthcare services across New Hampshire and Vermont. Our flagship hospital, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is New Hampshire’s only academic health system and the state’s largest private employer. The Health System serves a population of 1.9 million patients across northern New England and provides access to more than 1,800 providers in almost every area of medicine.
Dartmouth Health system member New London Hospital (NLH) in New London, NH is seeking a dynamic, high-energy Laboratory Manager who will manage the laboratory at New London Hospital. This role is a DHMC position with direct reporting to the Regional & Affiliate Member Laboratory Manager and local reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer.
This position provides management support for the lab team and the lab technical lead for the daily lab operations. The successful candidate will take the lead on strategic initiatives, motivate, and inspire the lab team to make positive changes. They will coordinate long term planning activities from the clinical and operational perspective and work to integrate the institutional perspective into the local operating systems. They will facilitate the integration and management of daily functions and act as an institutional resource for the medical staff, ensuring optimal workflow and client satisfaction.
Our lab is:
- A critical access lab with state of the art technology.
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- A place to learn and grow and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
- Provides management direction to the staff, staff leads and medical director, including phlebotomy and their operations to ensure the lab functions smoothly and provide high quality laboratory services that meet the needs of the hospital providers, patients and others.
- Carries out a full range of financial management activities for the lab including: preparing annual budget, monitoring budget performance and developing strategies for improvement and/or correction of deviations from budget.
- Provides leadership and direction to the lab in maximizing revenues and minimizing operational expenses by working with hospital leadership to periodically review patient billing, coding practices, compliance and fee structure. Implements cost control measures. Coordinates activities with the institutional operating plan and the financial plan in the lab.
- Serves as a resource to the laboratory medical director to ensure high quality and timely performance of delivery of laboratory services.
- Initiates and reviews proposals for modifying laboratory operational systems and implements necessary changes.
- Directs and coordinates outreach services with the assistance of the DH Outreach Manager, by managing the services provided to clients.
- Handles operational needs and assignments, which may include quality assurance, risk management reports, personnel issues, and the integration of lab services with other departments throughout the hospital.
- Provides support and acts as a resource for the lab team in the area of policy and procedure writing.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, MT (ASCP) or equivalent in basic sciences education and clinical lab experience with 5 years of progressively higher level management/supervisory experience required.
- Master’s in Business administration or health administration or related clinical science field preferred.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 – 1.00 – 40 hrs/week;
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 21404;