This per diem Lab Assistant position in the located in the laboratory's Mailouts department. The position works on coordinating testing with external laboratories through packaging and ordering labs.
We are seeking candidates who work with minimal supervision, are able to prioritize a high volume workload to meet courier deadlines and are able to problem solve samples and assist users using superior customer service skills. This position interacts with all levels of staff and stakeholders inside and outside of the organization. This position does not require any shifts on weekends or holidays.
This is a per diem, day shift position.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities
- Performs functions related to demographic data, test requisitioning, labels and reports. Processes specimens.
- Obtains blood specimens from patients. Obtains specimen requirement information.
- Operates the pneumatic tube system (PTS) to ensure timely delivery of laboratory specimens.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduate required.
- Coursework toward a college degree preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment required.