D-H Medical Center
Interested in becoming a Laboratory Assistant at DHMC in Lebanon?? Training is provided!
We are seeking candidates looking for permanent employment for our positions.
We currently have openings for full-time Laboratory Assistants at the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center! These positions are located in our Lab Specimen Receiving area:
This area of the lab is the heart of each section – every sample comes through here to be triaged and the role of these lab assistants is to ensure that the best sample is delivered and processed for testing. Customer service and the ability to multi-task are really important skills for this area. It’s fast-paced and you’ll never be bored; if you are thinking of entering the lab as a career this is a good place to see a little bit of everything.
We are offering the following sign-on/retention incentives for our open full-time positions:
- A $2,000* sign-on/retention bonus for day shifts.
- A $3,000* sign-on/retention bonus for evening shifts.
- A $4,000* sign-on/retention bonus for night shifts.
We currently have positions open on our day and evening shifts. The evening shift positions receive a 10% shift differential. Weekends are shared on rotation with the team, and coverage would be expected about every 6 weeks. There is a 15% shift differential for working the weekend.
Candidates for this position need to have obtained their HS Diploma or GED, with some college coursework and previous laboratory experience preferred. We are looking for candidates who have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and we provide on-the-job training for all of our open positions. Our laboratory team is a high-functioning, dedicated team of professionals who work hard to highest possible standard.
Please indicate your desired shifts on your application.
The Lab Assistant receives laboratory specimens from inpatient units, outpatient clinics, and from outside institutions.
- Performs functions related to demographic data, test requisitioning, labels and reports. Processes specimens.
- Obtains blood specimens from patients. Obtains specimen requirement information.
- Operates the pneumatic tube system (PTS) to ensure timely delivery of laboratory specimens.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduate required.
- Coursework toward a college degree preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment required.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 – 1.00 – 40 hrs/week;
- Job ID: 18612;