D-H Medical Center
Sign-On/Retention incentives: up to $6000* for evening shift position
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinicsis home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to DHMC physician practices, Dartmouth Health System Members as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
Responsible for performing all assays done in Clinical Genomics and Advanced Technology labs including Molecular Pathology and Cytogenetics with accuracy and efficiency.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefitted evening-shift position working from 3:00pm-11:30pm. The evening shift receives at 10% shift differential. Weekend coverage is expected and is scheduled on a rotating basis. DHMC is offering a $6000 sign-on/retention bonus for this position. *External hires only and certain conditions apply.
Relocating? For those who qualify, DHMC has Workforce Housing available, including 3 month of free rent. Click here for more information and to see if you would qualify: Workforce Housing Options
More information about benefits can be found here: https://dhemployeebenefits.org/StaffLebanon/
- For Molecular Pathology: can perform and train on a variety of genomics testing including but not limited to nucleic acid isolation, PCR (end point, real-time, droplet digital), chromosome microarray, molecular infectious disease testing, Sanger sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing, RFLP, and familiarity with molecular automated platforms
- Participates in validation of clinical testing and development of new clinical assays to be run in the Clinical Genomics and Advanced Technology Lab.
- Maintains quality control/quality assurance as designated by the genomics Lead.
- Analyzes, reports, and troubleshoots data generated from cinical genomics technologies and assays such as but not limited to NGS, PCR, FISH, karyotyping, RFLP analysis.
- Has proficiency with both the LIS and EMR.
- Communicates well in oral and written fashion.
- Writes and reviews all applicable laboratory SOPs.
- Responsible for analysis of clinical testing proficiency samples to be reported to regulatory agencies (i.e., CAP Surveys).
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelors in genomic related science, with a strong academic record. With a minimum of 2 years’ experience in clinical genomics or a related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with multiple clinical genomics platforms (as outlined above).
- Moderate proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
- Minimum of 2 years experience with various QC principles and analysis in a clinial laboratory (ex. CLSI Standards.)
- Minimum of 2 years experience with routine and preventative maintenance, operation, and trouble shooting for technical and software related issues.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized.
- Advanced written and verbal communication.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 – 1.00 – 40 hrs/week;
- Shift: Evening;
- Job ID: 18072;