Sign-On/Retention incentives: up to $3000* for day shift position
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to D-H physician practices, D-H hospital affiliates as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
Responsible for performing all assays done in Clinical Genomics and Advanced Technology labs including Molecular Pathology and Cytogenetics with accuracy and efficiency.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefitted day-shift position. Weekend coverage is expected and is scheduled on a rotating basis. Dartmouth-Hitchcock is offering a $3000 sign-on/retention bonus for this position. *External hires only and certain conditions apply.
More information about benefits can be found here: https://dhemployeebenefits.org/StaffLebanon/
Responsibilities: a listing of the key responsibilities:
- For Cytogenetics: can perform and train on a variety of genomics testing including, but not limited to cell culture, cell harvest, karyotype analysis, Fluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH), epifluorescence microscopy analysis, and chromosome microarray (CMA).
- Participates in validation of clinical testing and development of new clinical assays to be run in the Clinical Genomics and Advanced Technology Lab.
- Maintains quality control/quality assurance as designated by the genomics Lead.
- Analyzes, reports, and troubleshoots data generated from clinical genomics technologies and assays such as but not limited to NGS, PCR, FISH, karyotyping, RFLP analysis.
- Has proficiency in both LIS and EMR.
- Communicates well in oral and written fashion.
- Writes and reviews all applicable laboratory SOPs.
- Responsible for analysis of clinical testing proficiency samples to be reported to regulatory agencies (i.e., CAP Surveys).
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelors in a genomic related science, with a strong academic record. A minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical genomics or a related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with multiple clinical genomics platforms (as outlined above).
- Moderate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with various QC principles and analysis in a clinical laboratory (ex. CLSI Standards).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with routine and preventative maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting for technical and software related issues.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized.
- Advanced written and verbal communication.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- ASCP (CG) required for Cytogenetics