Sign-On/Retention incentives: up to $3000* for day shift position
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to D-H physician practices, D-H hospital affiliates as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
Independently preforms a variety of diagnostic laboratory tests in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Uses knowledge and skill set to assist with oversight of laboratory functions, including quality control, maintenance, training and other required tasks. Performs venipunctures and capillary draws on Inpatients, Emergency Room patients, and Outpatients as needed.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefitted, day-shift position. Dartmouth-Hitchcock is offering a $3000 sign-on/retention bonus for this position. External hires only and certain conditions apply.
More information about benefits can be found here: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Employee Benefits (dhemployeebenefits.org)
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate. Routinely assists in new test implementation.
- Ability to appropriately troubleshoot and resolve problems independently. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Clearly communicates resolutions or next steps.
- Possesses solid knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinical laboratory. Verifies test performances specifications. Is able to assist others in learning techniques and theory. Assists in the development of training and teaching tools.
- Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument function checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and is able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner. As part of the leadership team can communicate actions taken to Supervisor, manager and TS.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exists and takes appropriate actions to remedy the issue and prevent reoccurrence.
- Is able to appropriately troubleshoot problems and communicate resolutions or next steps.
- Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in bench procedures, basic theory, and advanced skills. Helps develop teaching and training tools. Works with TS to build training tools. Can assess competency of lab team for waived testing. BS degree required to assess competency for moderate and high complexity testing.
- Actively participates in the D-HH member’s laboratory’s continuing education program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- AS degree and a minimum of 5 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors of Science Degree and a minimum of 3 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience required.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes. Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Nationally recognized certification required within 1 year of date of hire.
- ASCP preferred.
- Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire for those CLS employees located at Community Group Practice laboratory locations.