Sign-On/Retention incentives: up to $3000* for day shift position
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is home to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to D-H physician practices, D-H hospital affiliates as well as to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
This position independently performs a variety of diagnostic tests in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs venipunctures and capillary draws on Inpatients, Emergency Room patients, and Outpatients as needed.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefitted day-shift position. We are offering a $3000 sign-on/retention bonus for this position. *The bonus is available for external hires only and certain conditions apply.
More information about benefits can be found here: https://dhemployeebenefits.org/StaffLebanon/
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
- Ability to appropriately troubleshoot and resolve problems. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Clearly communicates resolutions or next steps.
- Possesses solid knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinical laboratory.
- Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument functioning checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and is able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exist and takes appropriate actions to remedy the issue.
- Is able to appropriately troubleshoot problems and communicate resolutions or next steps.
- Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in bench procedures, basic theory, and advanced skills. Helps develop teaching and training tools.
- Actively participates in the D-HH member’s laboratory’s continuing education program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- AS degree and minimum of 4 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors of Science Degree and a minimum of 2 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience required.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes. Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Nationally recognized certification within 1 year of date of hire.
- ASCP preferred
- Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire for the CLS employees located at Community Group Practice laboratory locations.